Thank you for your interest in participating in this year’s State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC)!
The SECC gives all current and retired state and higher education employees in Texas the opportunity to contribute to charitable organizations. Since its beginning, state employees have contributed more than $189 million to participating organizations!
Statewide Charity Applications
The application deadline for a statewide federation and its affiliated charities was:
11:59 PM (Central Time Zone), Monday, February 22, 2021
Thank you for your interest in applying as a statewide charity to the SECC. Applications for the 2022 campaign will open in January 2022.
Local Charity Applications
If your organization provides services to one local region in Texas, please review the requirements and consider applying to the SECC! Need to know which SECC region you serve? Check our SECC region map here.
Local 2021 SECC applications are now closed.
All SECC statewide and local applicants are encouraged to review the following statute and regulations:
Examples for Local Charities and Charity Federations:
- 2021 Local Charity Application Form - *For Sample Purposes Only* The 2021 charity applications have closed. Note: Some local regions offered online charity applications in 2021.
- 2021 Local Charity Application Instructions (generic) - *For Sample Purposes Only* The 2021 charity applications have closed. Note: Some local regions offered online charity applications in 2021. Not sure which region your organization is in? Click here for a map of SECC regions.
- 2021 was a “re-certification” year for all eligible statewide and local charities. See the application instructions for details;
- Application checklist (federations) (federation members) (unaffiliated charities) designed to help you as you complete application forms
Re-certification Resources (For Statewide and Local Charities as Needed):
- List of charities eligible for re-certification, due to participation in 2020 campaign and to their still meeting qualifications;
- State Policy Committee letter authorizing re-certification in the 2021 campaign;
- Sample reconciliation of reconciling total IRS Form 990 expenses and revenue in relation to total audited expenses and revenue
Other Resources (For Statewide and Local Charities as Needed):