Thank you for your interest in applying for this year’s State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC)!
The SECC gives all current and retired state and higher education employees in Texas the opportunity to contribute to any of the approved charitable organizations that participate in the campaign. Since its beginning, state employees have contributed more than $200 million to participating organizations!
*The 2023 Statewide Charity Applications opened on Monday, January 9th, and closed on Wednesday, February 22nd*
*The 2023 Local Charity Application opened on Monday, February 13th and closed on Friday, April 7th*
Statewide and local charity interested in applying are encouraged to review the following statute and regulations:
Resources (For Statewide and Local Charities as Needed):
- Application checklist (federations) (federation members) (unaffiliated charities) designed to help you as you complete the application forms
- 2023 SECC Timeline - updated 4-13-23
- List of eligible charities for re-certification for 2023 application
- SECC Regions (with a list of counties that make up each region)
- List of Texas MSA Metropolitan Areas (by county)
- Map of Texas MSA Metropolitan Areas
- Copy of the Texas Attorney General opinion regarding SECC implications of Senate Bill 22